For women, underarm hair is one of the most annoying places to have hair. While clean and smooth armpits are mostly considered as socially acceptable, there are more simple motivations for wanting to get rid of the unwanted hair.
Armpit hair might cause embarrassment for some. If the growth is really thick and coarse, it can lead to bad body odor. This is after all the main function of body hair left behind by evolution; to capture sweat and impurities. These hairs grow at lightning speed. Gone today…back tomorrow.
Under arm hair removal is fast gaining popularity, and not just among women. More and more men and turning to more permanent solutions as well, be their motivation to be a man-pretty metrosexual, or for simple hygiene reasons. And let’s face it; more women are starting to appreciate their males neat, tidy and clean shaven. So, how to get rid of armpit hair without having to shave every single day?
Hair removal creams is your call to action. It is a chemical depilatory, applied to the area to directly weaken and dissolve the protein structure of the hair. Over long periods of time, application of the creams might stint hair growth in these areas completely.
Our Recommendation for Women: Nair Hair Remover Lotion with Baby Oil
Nair is on of the two most popular hair removal brands on the market. The additional baby oil acts both as a moisturizer and neutralizer to mask the strong chemical smell. It works fast, and the procedure is simple and painless. This product was formulated for a woman who suffers from sensitive skin, so it is safe to use on those delicate areas, such as the soft skin under your arms. It has also been dermatologist tested.
- Always always always read the instruction leaflet before you start
- Do an allergy and sensitivity test before proper application of the product
- Smooth a thick layer of the cream onto the area to cover hair completely. Do not rub it in
- Wash hands immediately after application
- Leave on for 3 minutes, then check a small area for results.
- If the result is satisfactory, wipe the cream of with a damp cloth, or rinse it off in a shower. Do not leave the cream on for longer than 10 minutes
- Rinse the area thoroughly and pat the area dry
- Apply additional moisturizer to keep skin silky soft
- Nair is not tested on animals
- The product gets good feedback from consumers
- It is very affordable and painless
- The end result will last longer than shaving
- Can be used on the bikini area, legs, arms and under arms.
Our Recommendation for Men: Nair for Men Body Hair Remover
Nair gets rid of unwanted hair, while exfoliating and moisturizing the area at the same time. The product works really well if you have a large area of body hair that you want t get rid of. Continuous use will eventually thin the hair out, and stop it from growing back. Be patient after the first few applications though. Hair might grow back quicker than expected in the beginning.
- Always read the instruction leaflet before you start.
- As with all depilatories, do a an allergy and sensitivity test at least 24 hours in advance
- Apply the cream generously to the desired area, without rubbing it into the skin
- Wash your hands immediately after coming in contact with the cream
- Check the result after 6 to 8 minutes, but not exceed 15 minutes
- For extra course hair, you can soak your hair in cold water first for improved results. Just be sure that the skin is completely dry before you start the application
- Rinse the area properly and pat dry
- The pack contains 3 bottles of removal cream
- Cream can be used on back, chest, arms and legs.
- The end result last days longer than shaving.
- Received mostly 5 star reviews from consumers
- Nair is dermatologist proven, and not tested on animals.
- Because all these products are chemically bases, the instructions should be read with care.
- Do not use the products on any other areas not indicated. Do not try to use body products on the face, breast or genital areas. You will suffer a chemical burn
- Never exceed the specified application time.
- If you are hypo allergenic, suffering from sunburn or have any skin abrasions, avoid depilatories completely until he condition clears up.